Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Justin Timberlake Concert

Justin Timberlake. The Tacoma Dome. September 8th, 2007. Every teenage girl's fantasy, right? When I first heard Justin Timberlake was coming to the Seattle area, I knew I had to get tickets. I wanted to re-live my boy band-loving youth, and I felt I owed it to my thirteen-year old self to go see the leader of NSYNC in concert.
Okay, that is a lie. I love Justin. I would go see him anyways...and I did.
I bet you are wondering how old I am. Well, as a 21-year-old JT fan, I have to say that it was the best concert I have ever been to. And, I do admit, I did scream like a teenage girl when he performed part of an NSYNC hit, "Gone".
The concert began with, literally, an explosion of screams when Justin first came out and sang his first song, "Future Sex/Love Sound". With a full band, backup dancers, and singers, it really was a fantastic show. JT really is a unique performer.
The show was definitely unique, with its stage in a shape similar to the Greek letter "phi" and "theta" together. Around the edges of the oddly shaped stage, there were a few VIP seats, which were bar seats. There was literally a bar on the side of the stage, for which those lucky fans were served drinks all night. At one instance, the lovely JT proposed a toast to the audience, which everyone went crazy for. There were curtains that doubled as a video screen, which was played up and changed depending on each song.
I was happily surprised when he played some of his own instruments. He played piano multiple times, guitar, and keyboards among others.
One of the highlights of the show was when he performed "What Goes Around/Comes Around". He held a portable camera up close to his face, and thanks to the lovely curtains, we could see him close up. If that weren't enough, at the end of the song he moved the camera away from his face, and slowly down his tie, and stopped at his belt. I literally saw a girl, out of the corner of my eye, scream until she had to sit down. It was insane, but in a fabulous way!
Justin performed all of the songs from his most recent CD, and the set and curtains changed to show off the "flavor" of each song. My personal favorite was when he sang "Chop Me Up", and the set and the video/curtains turned into a fun city at night.
Overall, the concert was amazing. Justin truly is a spectacular performer. Yes, I am 21, but I'm not ashamed that I STILL love him!

Rating: 5 Busch Lights out of 5!!

No comments: